Is Your Family Suffering Due To A Negligent Medical Professional?
Medical professionals, just like everyone else, are capable of mistakes. The Journal of the American Medical Association declared medical negligence the third leading cause of death in the country. Only heart disease and cancer claim more victims. One careless mistake by an emergency medical technician, nurse, doctor or another health care provider can affect a victim and his or her family members forever.
Recovery Starts Here
Our medical negligence lawyers at The Law Offices of Dan F. Partin are experienced professionals who understand the complex nature of medical malpractice claims. We will carefully comb through the victim’s medical records and work with medical professionals, including specialists, to determine exactly where mistakes occurred. We aren’t afraid of difficult claims. We have over 20 years of experience aggressively pursuing compensation for both injury victims and their families.
We Hold Medical Professionals Accountable
Medical professionals are held to a high standard of care — and they should be. When they make a negligent error, it can cost a life or leave someone helpless and in pain.
We look at each case to determine if a medical professional failed to meet the expected standard of care for his or her profession. A surgeon, for example, is expected to treat a patient with the same degree of skill and care expected by any reasonably competent surgeon under similar circumstances. If he or she failed to act in a way that adheres to that standard, we can take action.
We Handle All Types Of Malpractice Claims
There are many ways that medical malpractice can occur. Some of the most common mistakes include:
- Diagnostic errors such as the failure to diagnosis, misdiagnosis and delayed diagnosis of heart attacks, cancer, appendicitis, diabetes and strokes
- Surgical errors, including wrong-site surgery, wrong patient surgery, damage to organs, nicked veins and left behind instruments
- Anesthesia failures that can lead to brain injuries, coma, death, damage to the esophagus and even burns
- Prescription drug mistakes that include incorrect dosage, ignored allergies, wrong medications, pharmacy errors and the failure to warn patients of reasonably anticipated complications or risks
- Childbirth complications that can devastate an entire family. Common issues include the failure to perform a cesarean delivery when either the mother or infant is in distress, which can result in conditions like cerebral palsy
We Seek Justice For You
Medical malpractice claims are not something you can navigate alone. You need experienced professionals who know how to examine the medical records for signs of mistakes, negligence and even attempts to cover something up.
Our lawyers can help you hold medical professionals and the companies accountable for their mistakes. Damages may include your current and future lost wages, lost opportunities, ongoing medical care, and pain and suffering.
However, you only have a year in which to act after you discover the error. After that, you lose the right to sue forever. Are you asking yourself, “Are there any medical malpractice attorneys near me?” Call us at 859-359-7390 or contact us online today for a free consultation. We represent clients in all of Kentucky from our offices in Lexington, Harlan and Middlesboro. We can even come to your home or hospital room.