Our Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Can Safeguard Your Rights
Motorcyclists are often viewed as free spirits, traveling down the road without a care. Anyone who has ever driven a motorcycle knows differently. They have to be aware of everything around them.
Riding a motorcycle can be thrilling. When accidents happen, the reality is that the consequences can be worse than car accidents. Motorcyclists are five times more likely to be injured in an accident, and almost 30 times more likely to die. Call the experienced motorcycle accident attorneys at The Law Offices of Dan F. Partin if you or a loved one is recovering from an accident in Kentucky.
Inattentive Drivers Are A Problem For Motorcyclists
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, about ¾ of all accidents involving a motorcycle were caused by the driver of the other vehicle.
Accident causes include:
- Car doors opening: Drivers open their doors in the path of an oncoming motorcycle.
- Cars making unsafe lane changes: Drivers often do not look for motorcycles. They frequently collide with them when they do not see them in their blind spot. They also make lane changes without signaling, which often leads to collisions with the motorcyclists.
- Defects: Manufacturers who release poorly designed or defective products can be held liable.
- Lane splitting: This is when a motorcycle goes between two lanes of traffic.
- Left turns: Right of way accidents are common. There are also incidents where drivers misjudge how close they are to motorcycles.
- Road conditions: Potholes, uneven pavement and debris can cause the motorcyclist to lose control.
- Sudden stops: Abrupt stops by cars lead to rear-end collisions.
Experienced Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers Working For You
If you or a loved one was in a motorcycle accident, there is the chance they suffered a traumatic brain injury. These injuries can be deceiving, and the damage can show up hours and sometimes days after a crash.
If you or someone you know was in a motorcycle accident, the first thing you should do is visit your doctor. Then call us.
Symptoms of a traumatic brain trauma injury can include:
- Loss of motors skills
- Memory loss
- Mood changes
- Trouble speaking, moving and concentrating
We Will Work To Protect Your Rights
If you were in a motorcycle accident in Lexington, Harlan or Middlesboro, a legal battle is probably coming. Our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys are available to help. Call us at 859-359-7390 or email us.